ARLA is the Association of Residential Letting Agents and is the U.K.'s foremost professional body for letting agents. Every year, tenants and landlords lose thousands of pounds through dealing with inexperienced agents and those who do not deal with client money in a professional manner.
WHAT MAKES ARLA LICENSED MEMBERS DIFFERENT?
- Member agents are experienced and trained professionals
- Member agents understand and comply with complex legislative changes and best practice
- Member agents are supported by the NFoPP Client Money Protection scheme (CMP)
- Member agents' accounts are independently inspected annually by a qualified accountant and ARLA
- Member agents must have professional indemnity insurance
- Member agents are required to attend regular training to keep skills and experience up-to-date
- Member agents are required to comply with the professional standards of the nationally recognised professional body for letting agents
So, for your peace of mind, always use an ARLA licensed agent. It won't surprise you to learn that Nick Jones has been a Fellow grade member of ARLA since 2001!
However, there is also another crucial reason for choosing Nicholas Jones Residential to manage your property.
Many letting agents work from 9-5. Nick and his team recognise that many families and professional couples are in full time employment.
Therefore, Nicholas Jones Residential meet potential tenants and guests outside normal office hours. They have even been known to greet new tenants at midnight (particularly for holiday / short let occupants where the guests have been travelling from overseas). You will also find them working most weekends!
"Only found our dream let home, due to the fact that Nick was open at 8pm on a Friday evening!"
Jane Maharg, 11th October 2015
In fact, we think Nick is the only lettings agent in Oxfordshire to advertise his Opening Hours as:
Mon-Fri: 8am to 10pm Sat: 9am to 4pm Sun: 10am to 4pm...!
With over 20 years in the lettings industry, Nick has considerable experience in letting and managing residential property. The reason that he has branded his letting agency with his own name is that he understands that reputation is everything in this business and he is proud of the high level of personal service that, uniquely, he is able to offer his clients. He takes the time and effort to get to know and look after each client individually. This is not a purely selfless act - Nick's business has been growing exponentially as a result of being recommended by his current clients!